What is Morecobra?
Morecobra is the name I have given to the over all expression I want my artwork to make to the world. COBRA Was a group of artists from COpenhagen, BRussels, and Amsterdam from the late 1940's. They had an "informal" approach to their creations that I resonate with. Morecobra is an homage to that group.
Artist Statement
My aim is to connect with viewers on a profound level, to touch their minds and hearts through my art. Whether using intriguing subjects or expressive brushstrokes, my purpose is to cultivate deep emotional connections. My primary aspiration is for my work to offer solace, encouragement, or help to those navigating hardship.
Each new project is an opportunity for me to infuse positive emotions and reveal snapshots of my inner self. Through intuitive, gestural brushwork, my acrylic paintings suggest feelings of hope, compassion, and resilience. Art is a powerful conduit for healing and understanding, and I believe my work can contribute.
Artist Bio
My artistic journey began in childhood with a natural knack for drawing, easily capturing what I saw on paper. This early aptitude was simply a gift, paving the way for a more intentional artistic exploration that would unfold over time. Winning a couple awards at student art shows in high school was very encouraging. After high school, I took a few studio art classes at Sinclair Community College in Dayton, Ohio. I dropped out quickly and started a career in route sales to begin earning money.
Eventually, the demands of a family led me to set aside my artistic practice. Though years passed, the inherent desire to create never truly faded. Now, with significantly more time, I've fully re-engaged with my art. Settled in beautiful Butte Valley, California, I'm seizing this opportunity to explore and create, producing work that is both deeply meaningful and impactful.
Comments
Post a Comment